Friday 9 November 2007

First Time


Well here it is ladies, after spending the past month browsing happily through your inspirational pages I’ve decided to take the plunge and give it a go myself and hope I can bring some of the same enjoyment I’ve experienced to you.

Alas I am still waiting for my own home to create a vintage oasis but that doesn’t stop me from buying treasures along the way (which i hope you don't mind me sharing with you!) that I hope to use in the future and here are some recent purchases.

These ladybird books I had as a child and for 20p I couldn’t ignore reclaiming some memories and thought they would be useful for scrapbooking as would the dictionaries I was specifically looking for (I have some ideas to play with). I wasn’t sure about this rose’s book until I saw this picture of the elegant lady and had to buy it, again I’m sure it’ll become useful in a project somewhere.

The glasses I’m sure I’ll use for some occasion and I can never resist a piece of china decorated with roses and florals!The heart shaped plate I love and can see it being part of some Valentines fun... maybe some cute cupcakes decorated with icing sugar from this beautiful glass shaker

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Welcome to blogging!
I found you through Sophies blog comments and came to take a look,your books are fantastic and bring back memories.
Yummy pretty rose china how can anyone resist? beautiful.
Look forward to seeing your creations and didn't you mention cupcakes? scrummy.
x

Flea Market Queen said...

Welcome to blogland!
Your books are wonderful...
I love old books especially picture books!
Priscilla

Lisa Johnson said...

thank you for your sweet note and for adding me to your blog list. You are going to love blogging, but I must tell you, it is highly addictive. I get a little crazy if I haven't posted in a few days. ha ha Will enjoy seeing what you come up with.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

You have some beautiful vintage bits and pieces there which I am sure you will find a use for! Welcome to blogging, I'm sure like me you will find lots of new and wonderful friends!

Love
Jane
x

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hello and welcome,
Love your bits and pieces, I have a sifter just like yours. Enjoy blogging!!!!

Sandi x

Mary said...

Welcome to blogging. Love the roses

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Welcome to blogging! It's such fun, I'm sure you'll love it, and will make loads of new friends along the way! Looking forward to future posts coming up!x

Kari said...

Yay....welcome to blogland. Can't wait to visit often!!!!
Cheers
Kari